MelatiaeTrade Records Releases New Album For Lent 2010
Lent is a time of renewal for the people of God. Throughout the year of grace Christ is side-by-side with the Church; during Lent the intensity of that walk changes. Lent is a time of sacred remembering the life of the Messiah of Nazareth, the Son of Man of Galilee, the Lamb of God whom John the Baptist gave witness to. Jesus reveals himself as Messiah and Lord even over sin and death. We see thru the suffering of Good Friday the glorious light of Easter morning.
Just as Christ walks with us closer in Lent, so we, too, learn to give ourselves a little more to others. Fraternal charity is the consequence of the journey with Christ in Lent.
1. Ashes to Ashes –begins the journey with strings and light woodwinds dispersed throughout. “Into your hands Lord, I commend my Spirit.” [3:42]
2. Lord Hear My Voice-a gregorian melody is divided between strings and woodwinds. [4:07]
3. In You I Take Refuge-a solemn march-like rhythm begins in the timpani, then moves to the French horns. Lastly, the cellos enter accompanying the horns and woodwinds. [4:04]
4. Out of the Depths- partials of the hymn “Veni Creator” is heard thru various high strings and woodwinds. [4:06]
5. Deus Incarnatus Est – an ambient tapestry of sounds beginning with percussives and synthetic pads. The sounds represent the clashing of the world with the Word Incarnate.[4:18]
6. Procession – a light airy melody over grainy and whistling instruments representing the atmosphere in which Christ suffered. [4:48]
7. Abraham –represents the age-old father of Faith traveling thru the desert of Mesopotamia and his trial of Faith. The grinding groundbass against light and eerie vocals evoke faith that is as in a dimly lit mirror.’[3:03]
8. Superficial – there was nothing superficial about the love Christ had for us, though the Pharisees and Sadducees wondered at what it could mean. This short instrumental can only be understood from the Mystery of Christ power to transform all things, even the most insignificant moment in time.[1:12]
9. Sons of Abraham Remain With Me- [BONUS TRACK] Christ calls the Sons of Abraham to remain with him. The highly charged percussion instruments represent the ever faithful call of Christ thru our days and nights. [5:14]